Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Dreaming of Hawaii

Howdy y'all, how's your week going?  Been a little rough over here--on Monday morning Ryan's daycare got shut down for two weeks so that was a fun scramble to find alternate care, and yesterday we had the first largeish balloon order since I started working at the arts & crafts center.  Y'all, my fingers are still sore from tying off balloons, and my boss said that pre-Covid they did much larger orders than what we worked on yesterday!  I'm hoping I don't have to touch a single balloon at work today :p

In the meantime, I have a card to share that I made last Friday, take a look:


Sometimes I get so focused on using newer stamps that I forget about the ones that have been in my collection for a while (hence my recent interest in going through all my retired stamps).  For today's card, I had to pull out Timeless Tropical after seeing the inspiration challenge from Cupcake Inspirations:



And once I saw the sketch from Fab Friday, I knew exactly what I wanted to make!




I love it when a plan comes together.  I pulled out the retired Tropical Oasis DSP that coordinates with the stamp set; I've already scrapped all my Hawaii photos so I don't feel bad using the paper for today's card.  Plus I used a couple of scraps!  I do have to say, though, that "May your birthday be memorable" feels a wee bit menacing.  Like how they say "May you live in interesting times" is a potent curse.  Think about it--are YOU going to forget 2020 anytime soon?  But that's the sentiment that fit on my die cut...

Hope your next birthday is memorable for all the RIGHT reasons, y'all.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Timeless Tropical
Ink:  Old Olive, Soft Suede
Paper:  Soft Sea Foam, Thick Basic White, Tropical Oasis DSP
Accessories:  In the Tropics dies, Tasteful Labels dies, Dimensionals, Noble Peacock rhinestones

6 comments:

Tanya said...

hahaha! I am a big fan of "ordinary". :) But your card is lovely.

Amanda Mertz said...

Lol! Memorable isn't always good for sure! But this card is regardless of how the sentiment might be taken! I love the soft colors; just right for the tropical feel! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Very pretty papers and layout... hope I can share the memories of Hawaii soon and renew our cancelled trip from last year. We are partnering with Cupcake Inspirations at Double Trouble, please share your card with us since you have met our requirement Thing 1 "Dream Bubble". Please check us out and join us for this challenge and future fun challenges. Hope to see you there. https://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/2021/04/challenge-81-dream-bubble-partnering.html

Kanan Pandya said...

Perfect summer card. so lovely design. Thank you for playing along with us over at Cupcake Inspirations - Kanan

Bhavya Raghavendra said...

What a beautiful cas card! Leafy pattern is so lovely for summer theme!!
Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations! Hugs

Heather said...

Beautiful tropical scene - I just got back from Maui and your card makes me want to turn right round and head back, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!