Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Thoughtful Bee

Howdy y'all!  I managed to snatch a couple of minutes on Easter Sunday to crank out a really quick card to share today.


Just because it's quick, that doesn't mean it can't be cute!  I was inspired to pull out some retired stamp sets by the Fusion challenge:


I had intended to do the bottom part with Coastal Cabana ink, but I started stamping and didn't realize I'd actually grabbed Bermuda Bay until I'd already done the bottom part and I didn't want to start all over since I knew I wouldn't have much time to work on this.  Darker than I'd intended but I still like it.  I fussy cut the bee; Dragonfly Dreams has matching dies, but none that just cut the outline of that bee and he wasn't too bad to cut out anyway.  Since I'm mailing cards to my mom and my college roommate every week, who are both undergoing treatment for breast cancer, I need a lot of thinking of you or general hello/just a note cards lately.  I perused my personal stamp catalog until I came across Best of Greetings, which was from the 25th anniversary year and I just liked that font to go with my bee.  I swiped some Wink of Stella on his wings for a bit of sparkle and finished up with some retired enamel dots for my quick CAS card.

Hope your week is going well, peeps!

Supplies, all SU! (some retired)
Stamps:  Dragonfly Dreams, Best of Greetings
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Bermuda Bay, Mango Melody, Mango Melody Stampin' Blend
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Dimensionals, Wink of Stella, retired clear enamel dots

3 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

Love this! Super cute little bee! Thanks for joining us over at The Fusion Card Challenge.

Jen Mitchell said...

What a happy accident using Bermuda Bay was because the color looks terrific on your card. And I love your coordinating bee. I'm sure your Mom and friend love receiving your thoughtful cards. I hope both are well and recover completely. Thanks for joining us at Fusion :)

Claire Grantham said...

I love this, the colour at the bottom is perfect, happy accident! Love your bee, taking flight. Thanks for joining us at The Fusion Card Challenge. Claire DT