Friday, April 23, 2021

The Dancing Goat

The Prancing Pony is the name of the pub in Lord of the Rings, right?  If I ever open a pub, Imma call it The Dancing Goat.  Coincidentally (not) my cards today feature...a dancing goat!


Ain't HE fun!  I started with this week's Global Design Project challenge:


As you can see, I was primarily inspired by the layout of the card, and I used a stamp to get the three-color watercolor wash effect on my card.  I took  my colors from the Color Throwdown:


They described the colors as yellow, orange, red, and kraft; honestly the top color looks more like a tan than yellow to me but I ended up using Bumblebee, Terracotta Tile (I like this color and I feel like I hardly played with it the last two years and now it's retiring), Cherry Cobbler, and Cinnamon Cider.  These colors feel like fall to me so I challenged myself NOT to do a fall card because I'm hard-headed like that.  Goats are hard-headed too so it all works out.

The last challenge for today is the Paper Players theme:


I tried to keep my card CAS, but it does have several layers.  And then I worried that the Challenge Police were going to come after me for not keeping it CAS enough, so I made another version:


All the same stamps and colors, but just the card base and one fussy-cut dancing goat.  Definitely CAS!  But then it felt slightly out of balance, so...


I gave him some cans.  Still CAS though, so I should be safe from the Challenge Police, haha!  The color swatches are lighter because this time I used sponges to apply ink to the stamp, and I colored the goat a little bit differently because why do it exactly the same twice in a row.  I kind of adore this sassy goat.

Hope you have a great Friday, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Way to Goat, Hydrangea Haven
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Cherry Cobbler, Terracotta Tile, Bumblebee, Gray Granite, Stampin' Blends in Cinnamon Cider & Ivory
Paper:  Cinnamon Cider, Thick Basic White, Bumblebee DSP
Accessories:  Mini Dimensionals

4 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Christy your dancing goats are just fabulous - I have only ever made grey ones and I just love the warm colours that you used. I love both cards and I can assure you there will be no arrests from the Challenge Police for that perfectly CAS version 2 - it is perfect (with or without the tin cans ;-) ). Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Amanda Mertz said...

No challenge police here! If it's 'cleaner' than what you normally make it works for me! This goat and all the different versions of the card are perfect and I love the earth tones as well! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

Claire Grantham said...

OMG! This is hilarious!! I love it. Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Vickie Z said...

Both versions are sweet! The sentiment made me smile!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!