Sunday, April 18, 2021

How Ya Bee?

Hey y'all!  Normally I don't post on Sundays but in the midst of my card-making frenzy last Thursday I made a card for two challenges and I want to get it entered before they both end :)  Once again I reached for some long-retired stamps to make something new.  I am having fun dusting off these old sets!


The bee and leaf images are from the set Good Times, which I still think is super fun and I got it way back in the first year or two of my stamping career.  The circle and the sentiment are both from Simply Circles, another oldie but goodie.

Check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


As soon as I saw all those little circles, these two retired stamp sets popped into my head, especially in combination with this week's Color Throwdown:


I used Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green, and Pacific Point for my colors, though the sentiment in Pacific Point came out darker than I intended it to.  The first impression the color was a bit patchy (I have a few ink pads that I need to freshen up), and then when I stamped over it again it ended up darker than I really wanted it.  I love this color combo though.

Have a great Sunday, y'all!

Supplies, all SU! (some retired)
Stamps:  Good Times, Simply Circles
Ink:  Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green, Pacific Point, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  None

1 comment:

Cécile RIBON said...

What a fun take on the sketch. I love how simple and yet eye-catching it is. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.