Friday, April 30, 2021

I Love a Good Pun

Hey y'all and happy Friday.  How's your week been?  I've got a sore arm from yesterday's second Covid shot but I have today off work so I can be lazy and recuperate!

I posted yesterday about how I had so much trouble making a card and right after I wrote that post, I went back in my craft room (the whole get-back-on-the-horse thing) and made a card to share today, and this time I didn't have near the frustration.  Which is good, because stamping should be fun, not frustrating.

I'm kinda sad that they're retiring Cute Fruit already because it is just stinkin' adorable.  But as we've discussed several times, I almost never get rid of stamps so it's not like this one will magically disappear from my collection.  The patterned paper and the Stitched Nested Labels dies are retiring too.

It seemed like a great idea to use Cute Fruit with this week's color challenge from Global Design Project:


Okay, as someone who was a kid in the 80s, I totally LOVE Magenta Madness.  It's such an '80s color, and I mean that in the best way possible.  I love when Magenta Madness pops up in color challenges.  Anywha, I also used this week's sketch from the Paper Players:


I put the sentiment in a different place, whoops.  Just noticed that!  I think the Challenge Police will let me off with a warning, though.  I usually jot down info for various challenges on a piece of paper and then take that upstairs to stamp, so I don't have a computer or phone screen in front of me to double-check things like that.  It happens!

Hope you have a good weekend, peeps.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cute Fruit
Ink:  Magenta Madness, Coastal Cabana, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Coastal Cabana, In Color DSP
Accessories:  Rectangles Stitched dies, Stitched Nested Labels dies, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, this is such a happy card. SMILE! I love that bright pink with the yellow polka dots! And who doesn't love a slice of yummy watermelon! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Debbie Crowley said...

Christy, a perfect representation of the sketch and a most beautiful color palette. Love the "happiness" in this card. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

LeAnne said...

Great way to highlight these retiring items!! The color scheme is lots of fun too! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players sketch this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a bright and cheery card, Christy! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!