Thursday, April 8, 2021

Earth Day

Hey y'all, how's your week going?  I worked three days in a row so today I am enjoying my day off.  Crazy thing though, it's been SNOWING all week!  It's been a good 10 degrees too warm for anything to stick at all, but that hasn't stopped it from snowing like it's midwinter.  But today it's all sunny and a bit warmer than it has been :)

I just finished a card to share today, so it's hot off the presses:

I was inspired to bust out a couple of long-retired stamp sets for this one because of the current challenge at Festive Friday:


I used green, blue, earth/globe (there's the map background image and the globe on the sentiment), and clean & simple.  I also used this week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


This sketch kinda threw me for a loop when I saw it yesterday, but I mulled it over a bit before I fell asleep last night and decided to use a background stamp for the middle part and let it play peek-a-boo under cardstock.  Really the card came together pretty fast when I sat down to stamp it today.

Hope you have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU! (some retired)
Stamps:  World Map, Word Play
Ink:  Misty Moonlight, Mint Macaron, Seaside Spray
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Mint Macaron, Seaside Spray
Accessories:  Stitched Nested Labels dies, In Color Faceted Gems

4 comments:

Jen Brum said...

What a great card Christy! I just love the map you've incorporated! Love how it ties in with the sentient so perfectly! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Melva Peters said...

Love your card. Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday Challenges!

Beth McCullough said...

Awesome card Christy! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge. :)

Karren said...

The map background is wonderful and works perfectly for this sketch! Such a fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.