Thursday, April 15, 2021

Pastel Seahorse

Hey y'all, how's it going?  After having to do a Zoom meeting for work this morning, I've been spending some time in my craft room getting inky :) So I have a card to share today!


My MIL loves all things beachy and she had a bad reaction to the second dose of the Covid vaccine, so this will be on its way to her tomorrow.  I started with the Retro Rubber Challenge:


Seaside Notions is two years old and if you like it, you need to grab it fast because it's on the retiring list.  I took my pastel colors from the Sand & Sea DSP and then didn't actually use the paper, heh.  Anyway, my pastels are Seaside Spray (also soon to retire), Blushing Bride, and So Saffron.  I stamped the seahorse with Soft Suede ink, waited until the ink was completely dry, and then swiped the So Saffron Blends to color him, not trying to color every little bit and just applying some shading without overthinking it.  After I stuck him down, I also swiped on a wee bit of Wink of Stella because why not.

The other reason I chose to use Seaside Notions today is for the Global Design Project theme challenge:

So there you have it!  I've got two and a half more hours before I have to pick Ryan up, Imma go make it count in my craft room (and also do laundry).  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Seaside Notions
Ink:  Seaside Spray, Blushing Bride, Soft Suede, So Saffron Blends
Paper:  Seaside Spray, Blushing Bride, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Rectangles Stitched dies, Mini Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

2 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

A lovely card, using one of my favourite sets. I'm sorry it's leaving us. The layer of shells on the base works so well. Thanks for sharing with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

creative lady said...

Love your CAS card, the colors are perfect for the challenge. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.