Friday, May 7, 2021

Baby Giraffe

Hey y'all, happy Friday.  I spent the morning catching up on NCIS and working on my stitching, but I'm about to go up to my craft room again.  And in a continuation of the retired stamp showcase I seem to be running here, today's card features two retired stamp sets.

D'aww.  I wasn't thinking about it as I made the card, but I totally made this gender-neutral.  Actually my first choice for the card base was Soft Sea Foam, and then I discovered that my SSF ink pad is in desperate need of a re-inking and guess who doesn't have that ink refill?  I have the Soft Subtles refills...but from *before* the last color refresh, so no Soft Sea Foam.  Guess what's going on my next order.

Anyway, the inspo pic on the current Fusion challenge is just too sweet:


I used the sketch as well, though I flipped it so all the elements are on the right rather than the left.  I didn't want my baby giraffe looking right off the edge of the card.  Did you know that giraffes give birth standing up?  Nothing says welcome to the world like a 6-foot drop I guess!

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Bundle of Joy, Bundled in Love
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Cinnamon Cider, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Cinnamon Cider & So Saffron
Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Cinnamon Cider, So Saffron, Thick Basic White, vellum
Accessories:  Stitched Nested Labels dies, Mini Dimensionals

1 comment:

Tristan said...

Such an adorable card. Great colour scheme and love how you've made that background. Thanks for joining us at the Fusion CHallemge. Tristan DT.