Saturday, May 1, 2021

Baby Luke: September

Hey y'all, how's it going.  I had my second Covid shot on Thursday and spent most of the day yesterday laying on the couch or in bed and I *still* feel like the floor of a taxicab.  And then we had some excitement yesterday afternoon--I went to pick Ryan up from daycare and the lovely lady who watches him for us hustled outside and told me that Ryan had hit his head and would probably need stitches.  So I called the hubs and then went inside to get Ryan, who all things considered was very calm about the whole thing.  He'd tripped and hit his head on a corner of the wall (an outie corner, not an innie corner, if that makes sense) and has about a 1" gash on one side of his forehead.  So we met up with the hubs and took him to the ER and eventually they put some strips on it and some glue to hold it closed, so no stitches, which was a major relief for Ryan (he was terrified of the idea of stitches).  To be honest, I'm surprised we made it four years before Ryan's first ER visit!  Given my klutziness and his dad's propensity for injuring himself doing random things, that kid was doomed from the start.  But he's doing just fine.

Anyway, it's time to post another layout from Baby Luke's book, so behold September:


I don't remember ever liking foxes particularly much before I had Ryan, but after he was born, I could not resist buying him clothes with foxes every time I saw them.  Heck, just a couple months ago I got Ryan a bright orange hoodie and the hoodie part is a fox face.  So of course I had to sneak some foxiness into this baby book.  And also some long-time favorite DSP, I love those weathered stripes.

Hope you have a restful weekend, friends.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Foxy Friends
Ink:  More Mustard, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Taken with Teal, Very Vanilla, Autumn Meadows DSP
Accessories:  Sizzix letters, Labels Framelits, Nestabilities oval die

No comments: