Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Bold Cactus

Mornin' y'all!  I'm so happy with today's card that I'm going to skip the chitchat and get right to the picture, lookie!



I loooooooooooooooooooooove the Flowering Cactus product medley in the Occasions catalog and I might have to buy an extra pack of the DSP even though I'm currently on a mission to use up paper I already have, haha!  I just love it all so much.  Anyway, I cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock for yesterday's card base, and I still had the other half on my table when I started this card so I decided to go bold and use it for this card too.  For the other colors, I used the color challenge from The Spot:


I think this is my first time playing along in their challenges, I love this color palette.  This is my first foray with Fresh Freesia and we're going to be friends :)  I used the sketch from Fusion:


That pupper is adorable and I may have to play along again using the inspiration picture just because he's so cute.  Last up is the Festive Friday challenge:


I am a TERRIBLE gardener and the only reason we have five orchids growing like crazy in our kitchen window is because my hubs takes care of them :)  Anyway, from the inspo list I used plants (cactus), green (Granny Apple Green, love it), die cut (two, even), and flowers (on the cactus and on the Fresh Freesia strip).  There you have it--three challenges!  I love it when a plan comes together :)

Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flowering Cactus
Ink:  Granny Apple Green, Magenta Madness, Fresh Freesia, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Basic Black, Fresh Freesia, Thick Basic White, scrap of retired Granny Apple Green DSP
Accessories:  Flowering Cactus dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

3 comments:

Beth McCullough said...

Darling card!! I'm impressed you have orchids. Thanks for joining us again at Festive Friday Challenge. :)

Beth McCullough said...

Really cute card Christy! I'm impressed you have orchids. Thanks for joining us again at Festive Friday Challenge :)

Melva Peters said...

Pretty card! Thanks for sharing on Festive Friday Challenges!