Sunday, May 23, 2021

Pink Cherry

Hey y'all!  I couldn't let a few challenges get by without making a card for them, so special Sunday post this weekend.  Here's my card:


It's hard for me to get pictures in my craft room sometimes.  If it's bright sun then I end up with harsh shadows, but if it's TOO cloudy then the colors come out wonky.  For my super PINK card today, I used Polished Pink and Magenta Madness, with a wee bit of Pear Pizzazz thrown in.  I've said it before, but when I first saw Polished Pink I thought UGH we do NOT need another PINK but having played with it now I do really like it :D

Three challenges today!  Let's start with As You See It:


I drive past the tulip field every day so I almost said tulips, but then I started having thoughts of Japan and we have a cherry tree in our yard so I had to go with cherry blossoms!  Which is handy given the inspiration challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


OH YES!  Aren't those gorgeous pictures?  It was fun for me to stamp the cherry blossoms from the recently retired Butterfly Wishes in Polished Pink instead of doing something really delicate like the retired Pink Pirouette.  Cherry blossoms do come in a variety of colors :)

Last up is the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


I pre-ordered the handy dandy Basic Borders dies which made my card super easy to put together.  Gotta love that!

Hope you have a great Sunday, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Butterfly Wishes
Ink:  Polished Pink, Magenta Madness, Pear Pizzazz
Paper:  Polished Pink, Thick Basic White, Magenta Madness DSP
Accessories:  Basic Borders dies, In Color Enamel Dots

10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh those bright shades of pink are fabulous together! Pretty card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Stampin by Genny said...

So clever how you combined Magenta Madness and Polished Pink to create a lovely background for your flowers. The border dies created a perfect frame for the flowers and sentiment. So glad you were inspired to join us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a pretty card! Those flowers are so sweet! Love all of the pink! In a house full of boys, I'll take all the pink I can get! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacquie Southas said...

Terrific design in such great shades of happy pink! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

Jan Clothier said...

Very pretty, Christy! The sweep of colour along the edge makes those cherry blossom stand out all the more. There's a real elegance in your clean design too. Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenge this week.

Tanya said...

This is perfectly lovely!

Heather Cooper said...

This is just a naturally appealing card, Christy! All the elements and colours work together to give a cheery, uplifting design! Thanks for filling in the blank for us at As You See It Challenges!

Amy Jasper said...

I love the simple elegance of this layout and the images you chose. Very pretty card! Thanks for sharing it at the As You See It Challenge blog.

Creations in paper said...

Love the simplicity of your card. Those flowers are so cute. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Robbie

brrenwick said...

Such a sweet and simple card! I love the little flowers! Thank you for joining us at HSS!