Tuesday, May 18, 2021

An Interesting Experiment

Hey y'all!  How's your day going so far?  Since Ryan stayed home on Friday, I didn't think I'd be able to make any cards to share today and tomorrow since I'm working.  But my hubs took Ryan to see his cousins on Sunday so I got a couple cards made :D  Here's the first one:


This was pretty interesting.  It's very hard to tell in the photo, but the Very Vanilla layer is actually some old DSP--the pattern shows up the most in the center of the middle flower.  That Very Vanilla pattern also made the ink colors turn out more muted than I expected--I used Mango Melody, Bumblebee, and Terracotta Tile but it sure doesn't look like it, does it?  Not necessarily displeased, just not quite what I was expecting it to look like.

I got my inspiration from the Inspired By challenge:


I used the optional sketch as well as the inspiration pic for my card.  I was going to dig up an old stamp set with fruit in it, but Painted Poppies caught my eye so I went with that instead.  As for the sentiment...well, since I've been mailing a lot of cards to two ladies undergoing treatment for breast cancer, there's nothing more appropriate than this one!  Plus I figure neither one of them want a constant flood of "get well soon" cards since this is a long-term fight, so I like to go with "thinking of you" or just "hello" instead.  And cheerful stuff.  Because it's always nice to get pretty mail.

Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Poppies, Hydrangea Haven
Ink:  Mango Melody, Bumblebee, Terracotta Tile, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Basic Black, retired Very Vanilla DSP
Accessories:  none

2 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Christy! I really love that you picked up on the washy background in our IB photo inspiration by using this sweet dsp!! AND I love the off-kilter, artsy way you've stamped those fun colors!
A wonderful card, and perfect sentiment for one of those courageous ladies - good for you! Thanks so much for joining in the fun this week at IB!! xx
=]

Danni Reid said...

Christy, I love the muted colors and LOVE your beautiful design. This is so inspiring on so many levels; beauty, design, and thoughtfulness. I could not love this more!! Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week!