Thursday, May 6, 2021

Polar Bear Pal

Hey hey, y'all!  I've got today and tomorrow off of work, it's rainy outside, and after running errands this morning I've been spending some time in my craft room with some new OLD stamps!  I recently went through all my old catalogs and whoops--I found several stamp sets that I just really wanted.  So I found some of them on Ebay and I had to make a card with one of those new to me/old retired stamp sets!

Once again Blogger is being a PAIN IN THE BUTT about uploading pictures but I think I've got it now.  Behold!


My friend Sarah is OBSESSED with polar bears and Cold-Weather Friends was in the very first catalog I ever got when I first started stamping.  I had forgotten all about it until I looked through that catalog, but I just had to have it!  In addition to the polar bear, there's a penguin pair (I typed penguin pear at first, yeah that's not a thing), a harp seal, and an arctic fox.  But of course I had to make Sarah a polar bear card for my inaugural Cold-Weather Friends card.

I used the colors from Color Throwdown:



I used some retired colors too!  I used Ruby Red, Baja Breeze (my favorite), Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla.  If you're wondering where the Crumb Cake is, I lightly watercolored it on the polar bear for a bit of shading, while the snow around him is shaded with Baja Breeze.  The Ruby Red patterned paper was from a 6x6 pad that might have been a hostess option one year, so woo for using up more 6x6 paper too.

I used the sketch from Global Design Project:


And let's not forget the Animal Kingdom challenge from SUO Challenges!


I've got a bit more than an hour and a half before time to pick up Ryan so I'm going to go work on some more stuff.  After all, I have a couple other new/old stamp sets, plus some new/new ones that I just got in my latest SU order.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU! (some retired)
Stamps:  Cold-Weather Friends, Friendly Words (unmounted wheel)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Thick Very Vanilla, Ruby Red DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Stitched Shapes dies, Stitched So Sweetly dies (can you tell I like the stitched dies?), Dimensionals

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, that polar bear is fabulous - and I love that you use the old stamps! Great color combo for this! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

CraftyHunnypots said...

Oooo Christy I love this Polar bear he's gorgeous. The layout you've used it works so well with the bear and all of the lovely colours. Thanks for taking part in the SUOchallenge hope to see you on the next one x Natalie Arnold

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

This is cute! Great choices with color elements + DSP. Great 2nd card for our challenge!

angelstamps said...

What a sweet polar bear. It makes me just want to give him a squeeze. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't do that if I see him in the wild. :)