Sunday, May 9, 2021

Bright Parasol

Surprise Sunday post!  I didn't want to miss entering a card in a couple of challenges, so here we are.  This time around I used a stamp set that's only a teensy bit retired--as in, it was current a week ago ;)

I got Under My Umbrella and the coordinating umbrella punch when they first came out, and I was tickled when Pretty Parasol was released that also coordinates with the punch.  Took me a while to get it, and then I didn't get it inked up before SU! retired all the umbrella stuff.  Better late than never, right?  I also got the Flowers for Every Season DSP stack when it went on deep discount before retiring.  As if I didn't already have a lot of 6x6 DSP that I'm trying to work my way through ;)

Check out the Hand Stamped Sentiments color challenge:


This color combo is what inspired me to ink up the Pretty Parasol stamp set for today's card.  And I think I'm getting better with Stampin' Blends--check out the blended Flirty Flamingo top on the parasol!

I also used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:

I like this sketch, I'll have to use it again.  Anywha, hope you have a great Sunday and Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas out there!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Pretty Parasol
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Flirty Flamingo & So Saffron
Paper:  Pool Party, Thick Basic White, Flowers for Every Season DSP Stack
Accessories:  Umbrella Builder Punch, Mini Dimensionals, Stitched Shapes dies

6 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Great use of color and shapes! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card! Love that parasol and the beautiful DSP! Such a great colour combination! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Fiona said...

Cute CAS card and a nice use of our colours - thanks for playing along with us at HSS this week.

Creations in paper said...

Very pretty clean and simple card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Robbie

Jenny Engelke said...

Absolutely sweet and simple! I love all the Pool Party space! Thanks for joining us at HSS!

Stampin by Genny said...

Simple but stunning card! Love the umbrella and the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.