Tuesday, May 4, 2021

New Blooms!

Hey y'all!  I had a nice, quiet day at work yesterday, which was nice since I started off the day by accidentally dumping half a bottle of water in my backpack (I thought the lid was closed...it was not).  How's your week starting off?

On Saturday, at long long long last, I got my new catalog preorder!  Ya know, for the catalog that goes live TODAY :p  This box, dude.  I hadn't gotten any shipping updates in two solid weeks, it just said it was "en route to the next facility", so finally on Thursday I gave up and called Stampin' Up! to say that it hadn't arrived yet.  They started looking into it but I finally got the notice from our post office that it had arrived on Friday, so I guess it was just waiting for me to call SU!  Then of course I couldn't pick it up on Friday because of our little jaunt to the ER for Ryan.

Anywha, I got a teensy bit of time in my craft room on Sunday and I couldn't resist busting out a new stamp set and some new colors!


I love, love, love the inspiration pic from Just Add Ink.


 
I was going to mask off the card front and sponge an ombre effect, but why reinvent the wheel when I have ombre DSP?  So the stripe is So Saffron from the retired Color Theory DSP stack (lookit me using up a bit of stash) and the flowers are stamped in three NEW In Colors--Evening Evergreen for the outline (I am going to looooooooooove this deep, dark green!), Pale Papaya for the flowers, and Soft Succulent (dear SU!, I am sure there are other adjectives that start with S, we already had Soft Suede and Soft Sea Foam and Soft Sky for Pete's sake) for the leaves and the sentiment, which is from the newly retired Butterfly Gala.  I added some Wink of Stella to the flowers but of course it doesn't show up much in the photo.

Hope your day goes smoothly, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hand-Penned Petals, Butterfly Gala
Ink:  Evening Evergreen, Pale Papaya, Soft Succulent
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Color Theory DSP
Accessories:  Penned Flowers dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

3 comments:

KimB said...

Definitely bonus points for using your stash Christy! Seriously I love how you used the DSP to echo the door and added that lovely bunch of blooms to the side. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous and Christy! I love your choice of using those new flowers. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink!

Michelle said...

So soft and pretty!!