Tuesday, May 11, 2021

SUO Challenges: To Hydrangea, or Not to Hydrangea

Hello stampy friends!  How are you today?  My day got an extra-early start when Ryan woke me up at 4 in the morning :p But I've got my tea and my protein shake on the desk in front of me, and I have today off of work so that means craft room time!  Which is perfect, because it's time for a new challenge at SUO Challenges!


Today, we have a color challenge which we pulled straight from the Hydrangea Hill suite in the Occasions catalog:


Rococo Rose and Seaside Spray are officially retired, but as of right now you can still order the Hydrangea Hill DSP and all that good stuff.  I do *own* the Hydrangea Haven stamp set and that DSP, but I'm hard-headed so I decided to do something different with these colors...and ink up a brand new stamp set.

I had zero plans to buy Simply Succulents and its matching Potted Succulents dies and then all of a sudden I HAD TO HAVE THEM.  Does that happen to anyone else???  I stamped the pot with Misty Moonlight, the plants with Gorgeous Grape, and the sentiment with Mossy Meadow, and then I went to town with Stampin' Blends to color the images.  I won't lie, it took a while.  Also, this background die is fabulous but definitely run it through your die cut machine three or four times to make sure that all the bitty pieces get cut.  Pro tip :)

Your turn now!  Show us what you can do with the Hydrangea Hill color palette (hydrangeas are not required to play along) and post it on the SUO Challenges blog.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Simply Succulents
Ink:  Gorgeous Grape, Misty Moonlight, Mossy Meadow, Stampin' Blends in Rococo Rose, Old Olive, Highland Heather, Mossy Meadow, Seaside Spray, and Misty Moonlight
Paper:  Seaside Spray, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Potted Succulents dies, Mini Dimensionals

No comments: