Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Happy Birthday, Freckles

Hey y'all, how's it going?  Turning out to be a rainy week here in Germany but that's okay.  I didn't get as much craft room time yesterday as I might have liked because I had an event to go to with the hubs, but I do have something cute to share today!

My mom loves hippos, so now I just have to remember this card in July when it's her birthday! :D  I think it's funny that the Coastal Cabana layer on the hippo came out looking like he's got freckles on his face.  This is only the second time I've gotten Hippo Happiness inked up, it's so cute so I'm glad I chose it for today's challenges.  Check out the Fab Friday sketch:


The die cut for the polka dot layer is also in the Hippo & Friends dies, and it was roughly square so I thought it was a good choice for that layer of the sketch.  I picked the birthday sentiment to fit in with the Global Design Project theme:



The recently retired Playing with Patterns DSP stack had some fun colors for birthday cards, so I picked two patterns to play with and let them dictate the colors I used for the stamped images and the card base.  Easy peasy!

Hope you have a great day, stampy friends!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hippo Happiness
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy, So Saffron, Crushed Curry
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Thick Basic White, Playing with Patterns DSP
Accessories:  Hippo & Friends dies, mini Dimensionals

3 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

This is adorable! I love a good punny sentiment and this is perfect! Great choice of colors and papers; your mom will be sure to love it! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

Love this, Christy - this set is so fun, and I love matching it with this DSP! Your Mom will love it! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

That's way too cute! Love the little critters, fun design! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!