Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Happy Little Sea Creatures

Mornin', y'all!  Man, yesterday afternoon was a little crazy trying to get home.  They started working on the road in two different places so I had a detour in between where I work and where Ryan goes to daycare, so I ended up getting there later than usual thanks to traffic.  Ryan and I did a bit of grocery shopping and then started to head home, only to find *another* detour!  It usually takes about 15 minutes to get home, but last night took us more like 35 to 40 because the second detour was longer and crazier and also it was pouring down rain.  Wonder what it's going to be like going in this morning...

Anyway, I have a new card to share with some old stamps!


I didn't get Fishy Friends when it first came out, and I kicked myself for that for years afterward, and then I finally found it (I think on Etsy, actually) and bought it for my Virginia Beach scrapbook pages, along with the coordinating Silly Sealife (click the label on the bottom of the post to see other Fishy Friends projects).  Gotta say, I love coloring in these old images with Stampin' Blends!  Super easy and quick.

Check out the awesome sketch from Inkspirational:


And the theme challenge from Less Is More:


I checked the rules over there, white space doesn't have to be white so woohoo Pacific Point white space! :D  Usually you can't really combine theme challenges unless they happen to both be exactly the same thing, but I think sea creatures dovetails with the Paper Players theme as well:


I chose the bright primary colors to make this card appropriate for a little boy.  Since my 4-year-old boy loves Finding Nemo, I think he'd like this card :)

Better go get ready for the day.  Oh, the funny part of yesterday--I got sent over to the Printing & Graphics shop to make license plates for a couple hours.  Hubs said that's good practice for if I ever go to prison, haha!

Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Fishy Friends, All-Year Cheer II
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Stampin' Blends in Daffodil Delight, Balmy Blue, Real Red, Calypso Coral, and Pumpkin Pie; Pacific Point marker
Paper:  Pacific Point, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  White EP

8 comments:

Tanya said...

This is so cute and fun! Those were some of the first stamps I ever used with SU! :)
Also, in 1995, I loved the German license plates so much, my host family gave me a plate of my name to take home. haha! I would never have thought of such a thing.

Marlena M. said...

Your card is so clean and crisp! I love it! Thank you for sharing your work with us at INkspirational~

LeAnne said...

Oh, this is SWEET! What great coloring and a perfectly fun card for a boy! Thanks for sharing this cutie with us at the Players this week!

Debbie Crowley said...

Love these Fishy Friends. They made me smile. Your Blends coloring is perfect and the stamps are perfect with your layout. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

Kathyk said...

Super fun make and well done on a clever combination of challenges too

Kathyk

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your playful sea creatures Christy - perfect for a boy, especially a Nemo fan! Thanks for playing along with my 'Cards for Boys' challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Michelle W said...

Gorgeous card! Those sea creatures are such characters aren’t they! Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More.

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card, I love the characters just so full of fun and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining in with the Less is More challenge