Friday, May 14, 2021

Berry Greeting

Hey y'all, how's it going today?  I have today off work and I was planning on getting my hair cut and working in my craft room, but Ryan has an upset tummy and threw up his breakfast so looks like I'll be doing lots of couch time with him today.  Hopefully I can get him to watch something other than PJ Masks :p  I do have a card to share today though!


Sometimes if I fold a card and it's not really laying flat enough, I sit on it for a minute or two to make it flatten out--anyone else do that?  I forgot I had this one under my leg and accidentally got a little crease mark on it, but I figure cards usually get a wee bit distressed in the mail anyway.  This is the first time I've pulled out Polished Pink, and I must say I like it a lot more than I thought I would.  My first thought was "Another pink?  We don't NEED another pink!" but dang if it doesn't look just perfect with these strawberries!  I pulled out some retired Tropical Escape DSP that has pink on it--that pink is Blushing Bride, but I figured the stripes were skinny enough that it worked with everything else I had going on with this card :)  And I'm still in the "use up DSP stacks" mode.

Check out the quick and easy Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown:


At first I was going to make a card with Timeless Tropical, but given the inspiration picture I could not resist Sweet Strawberry.  I used Real Red, Polished Pink, Granny Apple Green (and some Shaded Spruce), and Early Espresso (only for the sentiment).

This card also counts for the Just Add Ink challenge:


I admit I made my card before I saw this challenge, but the Granny Apple Green totally makes it count for this!

Happy Friday, y'all.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sweet Strawberry
Ink:  Real Red, Polished Pink, Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce, Early Espresso
Paper:  Polished Pink, Thick Basic White, Tropical Escape DSP
Accessories:  Strawberry Builder Punch, mini Dimensionals, Tailored Tag punch

5 comments:

Kim S said...

I had the same thoughts about Polished Pink - didn't seem like it was needed. But you've proven me wrong with these strawberries!! They look wonderful and I love them on the green background paper. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

KimB said...

That green striped DSP is a really striking feature that allows your plump polished pink strawberries to pop Christy! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Chantell Randall said...

I fun little card - these Strawberries are very sweet. I must admit though, I don't sit on my cards...hee hee! Chantell Just Add Ink

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful CAS design and a lovely take on the throwdown colors! Thanks for joining us at CTD!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a fun and yummy card! Those strawberries look so tempting! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.