Monday, February 19, 2024

Bacharach

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Man, with Ryan being off school last Friday and today, and then me catching some kinda virus, I'm losing track of what day it is.  Forgot to put the trash out last night and to my surprise, they did pick up this morning, so I guess it'll just have to wait until next week.

Anyway!  We had Ryan's taco fiesta on Saturday and it was good--there were 19 people here and that was just close family.  Ryan had a great time and that's the first time we've had all his family over to celebrate a birthday for him.  And then yesterday he was very nice to me while I was totally out of commission with this cold thing I have.  Maybe it's just the DayQuil talking, but I'm feeling better today.

So, on to Scrappy Monday!  I chose one of my more recent layouts to share:


Bacharach is a small town on the banks of the Rhine and honestly it looks like it could be the setting for a live-action adaptation of Pinocchio.  This was one of our first day trips in Germany in the fall of 2020.  Because of those beautiful flowers in the focal point photo, I busted out the Delightful Floral DSP that's an Online Exclusive on the SU! website.  I didn't buy the coordinating Translucent Floral stamp set so I just cut some flowers out of one of the patterns and used the nice green wash for my page borders.  The page base might look black, but it's Blackberry Bliss--I almost never manage to use purple for my page bases so I'm chuffed when I work it in.


The colors are taken straight from the DSP except for Terracotta Tile, but I thought it looked good with the flowers that are supposedly Calypso Coral.  And Tempting Turquoise isn't in the paper either, but it matched the color of my fleece in the photos.  So the color palette is Blackberry Bliss, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, Berry Burst, Lemon Lolly, Terracotta Tiel, Tempting Turquoise, and white.  Pretty much a full rainbow today.

Have a great day, y'all.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Alphabet Antiques Upper & Lower
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss
Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, Lemon Lolly, Berry Burst, Granny Apple Green, Terracotta Tile, Tempting Turquoise, Thick Basic White, Delightful Floral DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: