Thursday, February 22, 2024

Daisy Bouquet

Mornin' y'all!  We had a bit of an adventure yesterday--I asked Ryan to take some cards out to the mailbox for me, and he announced that there was a dog wandering around the neighborhood.  Said doggo was a very large German Shepherd boy who quickly invited himself into our house.  He ended up staying with us for several hours until animal control came to pick him up at 8:30 last night; he does have a microchip, so I hope he will be reunited with his people today.  He was a pretty well-behaved doggo, though so large that he made Ryan a bit nervous (I would bet that dog weighs more than 100 pounds).  So that was our adventure yesterday!

Anyway, I have a sweet little card to share today with yet another new stamp set : )


Inspirational Sketches was an impulse buy, I think I used reward money on one of my recent orders to acquire it.  The other images include a lovely bird and some fungi, plus some nice sentiments, but I went with these daisies (?) for today's card.  Check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And as usual, I paired their sketch with the Color Throwdown:


I used just a smidgen of Pale Papaya for the peach color, then Lemon Lolly and a mix of Lemon Lime Twist and Granny Apple Green for the green.  It wasn't too difficult to fussy cut my bouquet, and I found a couple of soft patterns in the Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack for my quilt-inspired layers.  Three shiny sequins and done!

Okay, it's time to get Ryan off to school.  Maybe this afternoon will be a bit calmer, though it was fun to have a doggo in the house again, even temporarily.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Inspirational Sketches
Ink:  Pebbled Path, Stampin' Blends in Pale Papaya, Lemon Lolly, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green
Paper:  Lemon Lolly, Pebbled Path, Thick Basic White, Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack
Accessories:  Shiny Sequins, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Kim S said...

I love your bouquet with the background a mix of yellows and grays! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Amy O said...

What a cheery and pretty card! I'm sure your visitor's owners are so thankful for your hospitality. What a kind thing to do! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Hope your doggo friend has found his people by now. This is such a sweet and happy card. Love the yellow! As always, glad to see you this week at FMS!

Broni said...

Oh, I love this, Christy! So, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!