Thursday, February 15, 2024

Friendly Doggos

Mornin' y'all!  Guess what?  Today is Ryan's SEVENTH birthday!  He's growing so much, so fast.  He's got two giant teeth coming in where he'd lost his front two teeth, and he's gotten so tall that one of the people at his martial arts studio thought he was turning 8 rather than 7.  So for today he gets to bring in cookies for snack time at school, and after his taekwondo class tonight I promised to take him to dinner anywhere he wants to go (he says hibachi).  On Saturday, we're having all the fam over for tacos and ice cream cake : )

Anyway, I have another new stamp making its debut here today and I don't know what took me so long to ink this one up because I LOVE IT!


All the doggos!!!!  I know exactly who's getting this card too, definitely my friend Krissy who might possibly love doggos even more than I do, which is saying a lot.  Anyway, I kept this simple and just stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black on Crumb Cake cardstock, and then used a blender pen to add just a smidgen of color.  It's Tongues Out Tuesday somewhere.

Check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown:


I used Real Red, Crumb Cake, white, and black for my card.  I was actually looking for my Sweetest Cherries stamp set when Doggone Friendly caught my eye and I knew I had to use that instead.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Doggone Friendly, Biggest Wish
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Thick Basic White, Much Adored DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, linen thread, Dimensionals


And now the conclusion to yesterday's wayward stuffie story!  If you missed it, Ryan was giving his duck stuffie, Peking, "flying lessons" and Peking went off course and landed in a light fixture that is way too high for us to reach.  So my dad came over yesterday morning, took one look at the situation and said "Nope!" so we called the fire department.


Fifteen minutes later, three firefighters showed up and studied the situation.


Then they busted out the big guns...er, big ladder...


And succeeded in reaching Peking's landing spot.


Of course I took pictures for future scrapbook pages : D  Ryan was very excited to have his ducky sidekick back yesterday afternoon, and he'll be writing a thank you letter to the fire department.  A happy ending for Ryan and Peking, and hopefully he'll stick to lower altitudes going forward.  Ha!

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Best card I have seen using those pups! Love the hint of red you used on them to go with the DSP! And Peking definitely went a bit off course - what an adventure! Always fun to visit here - glad you joined us at FMS!

Tanya said...

haha! Oh my goodness!! Hooray for heros! :)
Your card is really nice. I like the pops of red on the crumb cake!

Celeste Goff said...

Such a fun card!