Monday, February 26, 2024

Saying Goodbye to Sadie

Yesterday was a very hard day for my friend Krissy, who had to unexpectedly say goodbye to her dog Joplin.  I am doing my best to support her in her grief because Krissy's dogs are her babies and I totally understand that.  I ordered a small memorial gift that will be delivered today and I will be sending her many cards in the mail, since that's pretty much all I can do from two states away.

So today I'm sharing my scrapbook layout from when we said goodbye to our own girl, Sadie, nearly four years ago when she was 14 years old.


Man, this was a tough layout to make, but I am glad I have it for my furbabies' scrapbook.  The two pictures on the bottom right were taken just two days before Sadie passed.  I chose that multicolored washy background because it reminded me of a low-key Rainbow Bridge for my girl.  I miss her and Vader still every day, but we are looking forward to adopting a dog or two after we move again this summer.  I miss having furbabies.


I used black for my page base, Cherry Cobbler to match Sadie's collar, and the other colors are in the watercolor wash background, Misty Moonlight, Blushing Bride, and So Saffron.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Back to Basics Alphabet, Happy Tails
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Misty Moonlight, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Misty Moonlight, Thick Basic White, Sand & Sea DSP
Accessories:  Dog Builder Punch

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Beautiful choice for the DP. HUGS!