Friday, February 16, 2024

Purple Submarine

Hey y'all, what a week it's been.  Valentine's Day/hubby's birthday, Ryan's birthday, the thing with the stuffie in the light fixture...and now I think I'm getting sick.  I hope it passes really quickly because we're supposed to have a taco fiesta for Ryan's birthday this weekend.

Anyway, I continue my quest to play with All The New Things and today I'm singing "We all live in a.."


PURPLE submarine!  I couldn't resist this fun color challenge from Just Add Ink:


And this was a great time to use the Patchwork Pieces dies that I just got, too.  And since mixing the patterns means I have supplies for two cards, well...


We could also choose to live in a yellow submarine ; )  When Ryan was really little, sometimes he would get upset and I could calm him down by singing Yellow Submarine.  He also liked the Beach Boys' Good Vibrations.  Anyway, both of my sub cards were quick to put together and it was fun to play with the new punch and dies.  A few Tahitian Tide pearls completed my cards.

Okay, I'm going to go crawl back in bed for a little bit and hope that I feel better this afternoon.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Submarine Life
Ink:  Gorgeous Grape, Gray Granite, Daffodil Delight
Paper:  Gorgeous Grape, Thick Basic White, Tahitian Tide DSP
Accessories:  Submarine Life punch, Patchwork Pieces dies, Everyday Details dies, Dimensionals, In Color Pearls

4 comments:

Tanya said...

haha- you cannot look at that set and NOT sing Yellow Submarine. That is my theme song for when I am totally overwhelmed and feeling crazy. If I'm home, I'll just burst out with that randomly, as needed.
And since you mentioned it, when my 7yr old was tiny, she would calm down to the old Batman tv show theme song! hahaha!

I LOVE your bold purple submarine on your super cool blue background. Looks fantastic!

Nikki Spencer said...

This is such a fun use of the challenge Christy, love the bold use of the colours! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Tristan said...

Super cute cards Christy and great way to display out challenge colours. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

KimB said...

Now that is just too cute Christy! Using the patchwork piece dies was a great way to create a dynamic water backdrop. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim