Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day, y'all!  And happy birthday to my hubs, my favorite Valentine : )  Since he's still on deployment, I'll just have to celebrate Heart Day with Ryan, my favorite ice cream date.  So here's the card I made for Ryan:


The Share a Milkshake bundle always makes me think of an old-fashioned diner/soda fountain kind of place, which makes me think of George McFly in the 1955 era of the first Back to the Future movie and I totally just tried to type BAKE to the Future.  Anyway, I was inspired by the fun sketch from Retro Rubber:


Share a Milkshake is one year old so it just barely counts as retro, and I confess I used a brand new background stamp on here, how do you like Drizzling Droplets?  I had already cut the DSP for the card when I got the idea to stamp Drizzling Droplets on the patterned paper and I just had to do it.  I think the most retro things on my card are the glitter enamel dots!  They're from when Berry Burst was an In Color so they're definitely retro.

I used the sweet color combo from the Paper Players:


And since I made this a Valentine for my kiddo, I'm entering in the Inspire. Create. challenge:

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Share a Milkshake, Drizzling Droplets
Ink:  Smoky Slate, Bubble Bath, Berry Burst
Paper:  Berry Burst, Thick Basic White, Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack
Accessories:  Share a Milkshake dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Glitter Enamel Dots



That's it for cards today, but I do have a funny story to share.

Me, texting my dad at 9:30pm last night:  Um, I have a problem
Me: (pausing to move ladder)
Dad:  (already calling my phone because he's On The Ball)
Me:  Ryan and I are fine, we're safe.  But you know how this house has a light fixture in the entryway, where it's open up to the second floor?
Dad:  Yeeeaaahhh...


Me:  Well, Ryan likes to give Peking (his favorite duck stuffie) "flying lessons"...
Dad: (laughing) I think I see where this is going.
Ryan, from his room upstairs:  IT'S NOT FUNNY!!!!!!!!
Me:  So yeah, Peking is stuck in the light fixture.
Dad:  I'll come over there tomorrow morning and we'll figure out how to get him down.  If all else fails, we can call the fire department.
Me:  It's not a cat in a tree, it's a duck in a light fixture, ha.
Ryan:  PEEEEEEKIIIIIIINNNNG!

So yeah, this story doesn't have an ending yet, but figuring out how to get the duck out of the light fixture will be our entertainment this morning.  Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Aw, super cute with one of my favorite sets - looks super yummy with my favorite colors, all graded perfectly! And we have the exact same fixture in our foyer, even higher up, lol. We only change the bulbs once a year, and we do them all at once because we ain't climbing up there more than once, on our scary high ladder, sigh. Good luck with Peking, he needs to stick to lower orbits, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this pretty ice cream with ombre background - so pretty and yummy too! Sounds like we had similar Valentine plans Christy - I had dinner with Ben, as Jason was away on business in Barcelona! No flying ducks here though - I'm thinking you are most definitely in need of a longer ladder though!! Good luck - and thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, I just love this....and the background droplets stamp is quite intriguing...I am going to have to re-visit that one! Very cool! And now I want some ICE CREAM! And poor Peking....but what a funny story, hope you figured out how to get him out. And BTW....LOVE the color of your walls! GORGEOUS!

Tammy said...

Love this card, Christy! and I love your dates with your son--such great memories!!

Suzanne said...

I love your card. The ice cream sundae was a perfect choice with those colors. It is a perfect Valentine! Thanks for joining us at Inspire.Create.Challenges. I loved reading about the duck. It reminded me of the hijinks my son got into once upon a time.

creative lady said...

Love the ice cream stamp and great take on the sketch. Thank you for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.