Sunday, February 25, 2024

Thinking of Botanicals

Hey y'all, surprise Sunday post :)  I made a couple of cards on Friday and I need to get one of them posted now before the challenge closes out, so here it is:


And here is the Inspired By... challenge:


The stamp set I used, Botanical Layers, was one of the new additions to the Sale-a-Bration rewards in February (hope you got it already because it's now out of stock until the middle of March).  I'll be honest, I would not have gotten this stamp set at all except it was free, not that there's anything wrong with it but it wasn't on my wish list.  But I thought I'd give it a go when I saw this inspiration pic, specifically the vase in the upper left corner.  I chose a couple of stamps and two greens, stamped them directly on my card base, and then punched out the oval shape and blended on a bit of Smoky Slate ink and used that as my container for the plants.  I decided it needed some "ground" so I used a Stampin' Blend to add a shadow on the bottom of the card and then I had to do another oval because it looked sloppy :p  Anyway, this is not my favorite card in the history of ever, but it's okay, and I'm willing to give Botanical Layers another shot sometime in the future.

That's it for me today, peeps.  I've got some laundry in the washer and I need to convince the child to clean up more of his mess in the living room, wish me luck.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Botanical Layers
Ink:  Garden Green, Soft Sea Foam, Smoky Slate, Smoky Slate Blend
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Modern Oval punch

No comments: