Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Gettin' Spicy!

Mornin' y'all!  I am sitting at the computer, which is next to front-facing windows in my house, and I'm keeping an eye out for the UPS guy because I have a Stampin' Up! order out for delivery today : )  I do have some things from my *last* order that I haven't used yet (don't tell the hubs) and I spent about an hour yesterday sorting out my wedding pictures.  I am GOING to get moving on that project THIS WEEK!  For reals!

But first, a card to share.  I wouldn't think it's possible to make a suggestive card with SU! stamps, on the whole they're pretty wholesome, but today's card is a little bit spicy.


I think it's the winking taco that makes me giggle.  It may be nonstandard, but I'm entering this at the Paper Players challenge this week:


The hubs and I grew up in Texas, so tacos are definitely our love language.  We made sure to go to Chuy's when the hubs was here at Christmastime.  Also, his birthday is ON Valentine's Day, which he hates, so I didn't want to lean into hearts for this one, and when I saw the color challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches, Taco Fiesta seemed like the natural choice:




Maybe I was hungry at the time, too.  And I used a modified version of the Try a Sketch on Tuesday sketch:


I made my card the standard A2 size rather than square, and kept the elements of the sketch a bit smaller to fit in with the CAS component of the color challenge.  I've got lots of white space (which is red, in this case) so it still feels CAS.

Okay, I'm going to go upstairs and see if I can come up with a plan for that wedding album.  I really do want to get it done by the time the hubs' deployment ends.  Project time!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Taco Fiesta
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade, Lemon Lime Twist, Shaded Spruce
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Crushed Curry, Thick Basic White, Tahitian Tide DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals

13 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

How cute and love the sentiment. Clean and simple and great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT.

kramer_buffy said...

Hey Christy! OMG, that taco is so cute! I don't think I had ever seen that taco set from SU!, it's so unique!

Thanks so much for playing with us at TSOT,
-- Dalis
http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

Alyson Mayo said...

So clean and simple but adorable - love the taco! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

Jaydee said...

Christy, that taco is adorable and I am obsessed with the bold colors choices. I just love those bold elements on such a fabulous CAS card.
so glad you joined us at The Paper Players this week
Jaydee

LeAnne said...

What a GREAT Valentine's card...I can't believe someone else hasn't come up with this idea yet! So stinkin' cute! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Christy your card has reminded me that this set is just fab for a tongue-in-cheek Valentine - I love it! I am also kicking myself for not considering it with that colour challenge too (which I really struggled with lol!) Fabulous on both counts! Thanks for playing along with my LOVE challenge over at The Paper Players this week and Michal's colours at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Just too cute, Christy! That little itty-bitty pepper just makes me smile, too. Adorable! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, what a cute card! I love that the theme is spicy, and that you chose red as your background. That little smiling taco is so darn perfect for your hubby given your shared love of tacos and each other!! Thank you for joining us at TSOT once again, and sharing your creativity with us. Be sure to wish you "hubs" happy birthday from all of us at Try a Sketch on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Deborah Wheeler said...

That's just brilliant Christy! Your cheeky taco works perfectly with our challenge colours! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches

foleysfriend said...

So cute! Love the beautiful background color - certainly spicy! I also love the pepper you added, to be sure it was spicy. Thanks for joining us at Try A Sketch on Tuesday.

sue n.

Michal said...

Love this card Christy! The bold red background really stands out, and I love the adorable taco and the spicy sentiment! So fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Ah, Christy, I love this card! Fun and cute all in one! Thanks for sharing with us at Try a Sketch on Tuesday.

Melanie R said...

What a cute card - love the taco! Great colors, too. Thank you for playing along with us at TSOT #640. - Melanie R.