Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Finding Inspiration with SUO Challenges

Good morning stampy friends!  Are you ready for a new challenge from SUO Challenges?  Because it's that time again :)

Here's the challenge:


And if you want a closeup of the inspiration pic:


Fun, right?  Now, you don't *have* to us the Perennial Lavender suite for your card...but I did.  Here's what I made:


I CASEd the layout of this card from Mary Fish (see her card here) but while she went for a bold, graphic style, I decided to do ink blending and glimmer paper.  I blended Orchid Oasis and Fresh Freesia ink on my background panel, then flicked a bit of water on it and if I had been looking at the inspo pic when I stuck things down, I would have rotated the panel so the Orchid Oasis was on top like the colors of the drink in the photo.  The glimmer paper I used was from last year's catalog and it's ombre, so I cut out several lavender sprigs and made sure I got a variety of shades on there.  I chose this fun Lemon Lolly stripey paper for my background as a nod to the lemon in the inspo pic, plus it's just such a cheery backdrop for all the purples.  Not gonna lie, this is one of my favorite cards ever!

Don't forget to head over to the SUO Challenges blog to see what the rest of the design team did with this inspiration pic, and then we want to see what you make of it.  Have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Perennial Lavender, Softly Sophisticated
Ink:  Orchid Oasis, Fresh Freesia
Paper:  Orchid Oasis, Thick Basic White, Glimmer Paper, Lighter than Air DSP Stack
Accessories:  Perennial Lavender dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, In Color Pearls, In Color baker's twine

2 comments:

Tanya said...

This is SUCH a happy card! I love the sparkly purples with the yellow!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is stunning Christy! I love the ombre purples and the contrast with the white and yellow stripes. The sparkle of the lavender stems and the water droplets on the panel add so much extra detail too. Gorgeous - I am definitely inspired, so just need to find time to play along!!