Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Balloon Fiesta

Mornin' y'all!  I didn't get much craft room time yesterday as I had someone come over to repair the furniture that was damaged in the move last year...he did a great job on everything but it kinda took up most of my available time during the day.  Here's hoping that things don't get damaged in the *next* move...which will be this summer.

But I did squeak in enough time for one card, and this is it:


I was inspired by the Global Design Project challenge to cut into that balloon pattern:


And it just so happens that balloons are on the inspo list for Festive Friday this time around too:


I used bright colors (Lemon Lolly and Azure Afternoon read as bright to me, plus some Sweet Sorbet accents), twine (I did order the twine that goes along with this DSP, but it doesn't get here until tomorrow), outdoors, large sentiment (Sending Smiles was the largest one I could find in my current stamps), and balloons.  Sweet Sorbet is not listed in the colors on this DSP, but there is a darker pinky color that I figured worked well enough with the Sweet Sorbet twine and heart accents.  Calypso Coral would work too I think, and it's not on the color list either.  Anyway, I went with a very simple card layout so I could use a big piece of that fun balloon pattern.  It's cute!

That's it for me today.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sending Smiles
Ink:  Azure Afternoon
Paper:  Balmy Blue, Lemon Lolly, Azure Afternoon, Thick Basic White, Lighter than Air DSP Stack
Accessories:  Sending dies, Sweet Sorbet baker's twine, Adhesive-Backed Hearts & Flowers, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Such pretty colors, and love that die cut sentiment with the shadow, really pops! Thanks for playing along with us at Festive Friday.

Jaydee said...

Christy, I love that DSP and you showcased it beautifully. So glad your furniture got fixed!!! Thanks for sharing this fabulous card with us at Festive Friday
jaydee

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

So cute! Love the DSP and your addition of the red hearts is perfect. The sentiment is one of my favorites and looks so good with the white behind it. THank you for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge.

Diane Evans said...


Congratulations! Your fabulous creation was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. Please hop over to the challenge blog to grab your winner’s badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again soon!