Thursday, February 8, 2024

Brighter Day Botanical

Mornin' y'all!  Well, I got my SU! order yesterday...only to discover I had ordered a stamp set but not the punch to go with it, and I did NOT order the baker's twine like I thought I did...oops.  Might have to order some other stuff before the end of Sale-a-Bration...anyway, I went out to lunch with my parents yesterday and then my dad hung out at the house until his volunteer shift with the police department started (he does patrols and does things like help motorists with car trouble, directs traffic, keeps people out of the fire lane at Walmart, that kind of thing).  So in the end I had barely an hour to unpack all my new goodies and make a card.  My alarm went off to pick up Ryan when I was still working on coloring in my main image for today's card:


It's flowers, but I think the navy blue would make it appropriate for a guy or a gal.  Lovely & Sweet was one of the new stamp sets I got yesterday!  Everyday Details was in my January order but I hadn't used it yet either; the sentiment was a good fit for this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I'm hoping I can enter the challenge this week, last week I tried to enter my link for three days straight and kept getting an error message.  As is my habit, I combined the sketch with the Color Throwdown:


I used Night of Navy, Granny Apple Green, and Pecan Pie.  I like these colors together, I should make another card when I have a bit more time.

Today is shaping up to be busy again; my car is going back to the shop, I'm going to hang out with my dad while the car is at the shop, and then Ryan has taekwondo this afternoon *and* they want to try him in a weapons class.  I told him if it was nunchucks I was 10000000% calling him Michaelangelo.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lovely & Sweet, Everyday Details
Ink:  Night of Navy, Stampin' Blends in Pecan Pie, Granny Apple Green, Night of Navy
Paper:  Pecan Pie, Thick Basic White, Countryside Inn DSP, vellum
Accessories:  Lovely & Sweet dies, Dimensionals, Matte Dots

6 comments:

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous! I love the rich blue with this flower image!

Jen Brum said...

This is a beautiful card! I love those flowers and your colouring is fantastic! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors!! I too have made the mistake of forgetting to add something to an order :-) So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Such a lovely card. The image is colored so beautifully and I love that vellum background! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacquie Southas said...

Lovely design to go with a lovely sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful! Glad you shared it at FMS!