Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Holy Cows!

Mornin' y'all!  I am still giggling a bit this morning from a conversation I had with Ryan after his TKD class yesterday.  He wanted to tell me all about George, Ben, Abe, and Eleanor, as if these are friends of his...ya know, George was the first president and also he was the father of the world (yeah the whole thing), and Ben lived somewhere else for a while (he was ambassador to France) and he sometimes published a newspaper with his brother's name on it and that made his brother mad.  Abe was the 16th president and he got shot (Ryan didn't remember anything else about Abe), and this other lady was first and she did a lot of stuff to make sure people got treated equally and could be safe at work and that women could vote (she sounds pretty rad, I was the one who remembered the name Eleanor).  And that is American history according to Ryan, where last names are totally unnecessary.  Ha!

Anyway, I was planning to share a different card today but this one just can't wait because it's so cute.


Yet another new stamp alert--Cutest Cows!  Umm, I went to town during Sale-a-Bration, I got lots of new schtuff to play with, and thanks to the challenge at Inspire. Create. I knew that Cutest Cows had to get inked up:


I kept the cow theme, a similar color combination, and dots, though I used the fun pattern from the Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack for my background--I love this pattern :)  I changed up the layout though because I wanted to use the sketch from Global Design Project:


Fun sketch, I like it!  And it was perfect to showcase two cows.  I used the coordinating cow punch for the top cow body and the bottom cow head, but the other pieces were snipped with scissors.  The cow punch is the one I forgot to put on my first big SAB order in January and gave me an excuse to make a second order earlier this month.  Fun fact:  my friend Chris almost got in trouble in French class one time for trying to say "holy cow" in French.  Turns out that one doesn't translate directly ; ) and was unintentionally close to cursing, though the teacher's reaction was pretty hilarious: one very loud, very shocked, very French OHH! and if she had been wearing pearls she totally would have clutched them.

Anyway, apparently I am just very amused today, hope you enjoyed the stories.  I'm going to watch this week's NCIS and then go back up to my craft room for some more fun while Ryan is at school.  It's a tough life, I know.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cutest Cows
Ink:  Pebbled Path, Stampin' Blends in Bubble Bath & Fresh Freesia
Paper:  Bubble Bath, Thick Basic White, Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack
Accessories:  Cutest Cow Builder Punch, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Pastel Pearls

4 comments:

Tanya said...

The pink and purple cows are SO cute!
If you could figure it out last names are definitely not necessary. haha! I love kids' understanding.

Tammy said...

I love your pink cows!! So very cute!!! And I would love to meet your son--he seems like a fun guy!!! :-)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Holy cow indeed - this card is fab! I love Ryan's American history recap - I struggle to remember names too so he's in good company!

Suzanne said...

Christy, I am loving those colorful cows. So fun! This set is sitting on my table waiting for me to play. Thanks for joining us at Inspire.Create