Thursday, January 19, 2023

Beautiful Bees

Well.  I got a nice, big Sale-a-Bration order yesterday and all I've done is crack open the box so far.  I wasn't feeling good yesterday and ended up leaving work early, and today I feel like I've been hit by a truck.  I didn't even get out of bed until 11:30 this morning.  I think I'm going to have to get a Covid test done when I go to get Ryan off the bus (there's a testing center literally right next to our house).

But enough of that, before I went to work yesterday I had time to squeeze in two cards, so here's one of them.


The CAS Colours & Sketches sketch challenge made me think of these three bees from Honeybee Home, and I liked the sentiment from Beautiful Thistle to go with them.  True to the CAS mandate, I didn't add any embellishments, other than popping up the bee images on Dimensionals and a bit of Wink of Stella on their wings.  Here's the sketch:



And now I face a perplexing dilemma:  go lie down on the couch or get something to eat first?  Stay healthy, y'all.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Honeybee Home, Beautiful Thistle
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in So Saffron, Pool Party, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Soft Sea Foam, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Honeybee dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

3 comments:

Tammy said...

This is so cute--and a perfect CAS card!! Hope you're feeling better--I had that over New Year's!! It's not fun! Take care!!

Michal said...

Hope you feel better Christy! I was down with the flu last week, it was awful :( Your card is so lovely, I love the use of bees as the shapes on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S!

Rachel D said...

Love the bees on the pale green background - very elegant! Thanks so much for playing along at CC&S!