Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Wisteria Happiness

Mornin' y'all!  I finally played with a new stamp set I bought in November, check it out:


Meet Wisteria Wishes!  I thought it was perfect to go with this week's Paper Players color challenge:


I'll be honest, I would not ever in a million years put Orchid Oasis and Highland Heather together on my own, so I had to think about this for a bit before I landed on the wisteria stamps.  But I do like how it turned out!  We had wisteria growing on the front of the house we had in England:



This was the garage at the front of the house.


I took those pics early in the season, in April 2011; by June most of the front of the house was covered in the vines (no longer flowering) but somehow I neglected to take pictures at that stage.

Anyway, that's it for me today.  Have a great Wednesday!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Wisteria Wishes
Ink:  Highland Heather, Orchid Oasis, Parakeet Party
Paper: Highland Heather, Thick Basic White, Tea Boutique DSP Stack
Accessories:  Wisteria dies, Stitched So Sweetly dies, In Color Matte Dots, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

I do think wisteria is very pretty, although I don't have any, I loved seeing pictures of yours! And how appropriate to use it on your card as well...the colors are perfect! Thanks so much for playing with our color challenge this week at the Players!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, I love wisteria and this is one gorgeous card. I am glad this made you step outside the box. That was my goal and you certainly rocked my colors! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Fran Wing said...

Christy, your card is a perfect homage to your wisteria-covered English cottage! Very pretty card! Xoxo, Fran

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Christy your wisteria is perfect to showcase these colours and such a lovely reminder of your wisteria-covered house too. Such a shame I didn't know you when you lived here in England - it would have been great to meet up! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players this week!