Thursday, January 26, 2023

Desert Sunshine

New stamps alert!  I spent some time this week getting my craft room organized and unpacking my new stamping goodies, and yesterday I made my first card with the stunning new Desert Details bundle.  Take a look:


I haven't cut into the coordinating DSP yet but I will soon : )  For today's card, I used the colors from the Color Throwdown:



I read it as Bumblebee, Rococo Rose, and Old Olive, so yes I used two retired In Colors with my new stuff by why not?  Also I still had some Shimmery White cardstock on my table from yesterday's card, so I stamped the desert blooms on that.  I paired the color challenge with the Freshly Made Sketches challenge:


I had fun with the new stamp set and I look forward to playing with it some more, plus the new papers too.  I love the sentiments in this set!  It's different than any of our other desert-themed sets too, with the Southwest-inspired elements and nary a cactus in sight.

I spent part of the day yesterday going to the store and making a meal for a coworker of my husband's who just had a baby.  Today I'm looking forward to more craft room time and not going anywhere...after all, I have several loads of laundry to do :p  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Desert Details
Ink:  Rococo Rose, Bumblebee, Early Espresso
Paper:  Bumblebee, Shimmery White, Old Olive DSP
Accessories:  Desert Details dies, Wonderful Gems, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Lori said...

Great design! Love the stitched and notch detailing on the patterned paper panel. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Kim S said...

Gorgeous flower. I love it with the detail in the panel behind it - and all so perfect with the sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jen Timko said...

So pretty. I love the flowers and you chose perfect colors. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!