Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Dandy Spring Tea Party

Mornin' y'all!  I spent hours yesterday happy as a clam working in my craft room...got one scrapbook layout done and the next just lacks journaling.  Plus I started picking colors for the next two layouts : D Glad my scrappy groove is back on!

But for today I have a card to share and I busted out some of the new Sale-a-Bration papers.  Take a look!


Dandy Designs is a mega stack of papers, so my main problem was narrowing down what patterns to use.  I was pondering this week's Paper Players challenge and it occurred to me that the Cup of Tea set has some tags.  Yay!  I attached the tag to the teacup with baker's twine and just let it swing freely, it's not adhered to the card front.  I thought that made it a little more fun : )


I paired that with the sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday:


That sketch gave me multiple layers for different patterns.  I suppose I could have used different patterns for the two background rectangles, but I thought that might make the design too busy.  Fun fact:  I used the same rectangle die for all three rectangles on my card.  I suppose the central rectangle should have been bigger to match the sketch, but I didn't want to cover up all those polka dots : )

I'm back at work today but I might be able to squeeze in just a bit of craft room time before I have to leave.  I still have so many scrapbook ideas swirling in my brain.  Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cup of Tea
Ink:  Granny Apple Green, Fresh Freesia
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Thick Basic White, Dandy Designs DSP
Accessories:  Teacup dies, Stitched Rectangles dies, In Color twine, Dimensionals

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

I agree, it's hard to decide which of those fun prints from that stack to use! I love the ones you chose, and I think the sketch is very intriguing. I looked at it and wanted to run for the hills, but you nailed it! Sweet and pretty! Thanks for playing with us at the Players this week! Glad to see you in the gallery!

Ann Schach said...

What a fun mix of colors and patterns, Christy! I love this little tag. It truly looks like a tea bag tag. What a great idea to let it swing free! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week! It was great to see you in the gallery!

Alyson Mayo said...

Love those colours and especially the dots! Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, what fun papers you've chosen for your card! Our Try Stampin' on Tuesday optional theme was "winter activities", and believe you me, I am sipping hot tea on those cold mornings and afternoons!! Thank you for choosing our sketch for your card, and welcome to TSOT 2023!!! -Donna

Anna said...

This card is so very pretty! I love the different patterned papers and the wonderful variety of colors. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, TSOT Design Team