Monday, January 23, 2023

Texas Trip

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  I am finally feeling better (though I still need a box of Kleenex nearby) which is good since this is the start of my birthday week.  Unfortunately, the hubs is now under the weather : (  He was asking me this morning what I want to do for my birthday and I think he's slightly disappointed that I said we'd just stay in and eat tacos and that I was planning to pick up a cake today.  Hey, I was just sick, he's not feeling well now, I think we should keep it low-key, ya know?  Plus I am perfectly happy to just eat tacos with my dudes.

Anyway!  How about a birthday layout from 2013!


That year, the hubs was gone for like two months, including over my birthday, so I flew from England back to Texas for two weeks since I didn't feel like spending my birthday alone.  This was right around the time my SIL got her '55 Chevy, so I decided to go a bit retro with this layout, using the mid-century modern style Holiday Lounge DSP and Retro Alphabet.  Had to use Barely Banana to go with Adrienne's Golden Chariot, which she's planning to paint purple...someday.


The colors are a bit off in this pic of the color palette, but they are Raspberry Ripple, Taken With Teal (I still love this color, it is a lovely bright teal and prettier than it looks in the pictures, taking pictures of my paper crafts in this house is a challenge), Barely Banana, Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, and Whisper White.

Okay, well, I'd best be off so I can go conquer the world this week.  Okay for reals I need to go to the store and the post office and then I've got some more scrapping to do.  And probably laundry ; )  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Retro Alphabet Lower
Ink:  Taken with Teal, Sahara Sand, Raspberry Ripple, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Raspberry Ripple, Barely Banana, Sahara Sand, Thick Basic White, Holiday Lounge DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: