Sunday, January 29, 2023

Hopeful Feathers

I'm squeaking in with one more quick card post this weekend, take a look:


I don't always get to play along with the Inspired By and Inspired By Nature challenges, but I do try.  Here's the latest Nature challenge:


And the sketch:

I used both for my card.  The inspo photo had me thinking of the Emily Dickinson quote that begins "Hope is the thing with feathers", so that's where my mind was when I made my card.  Stampin' Up! actually had that quote in a stamp set years ago, but I didn't buy it and I can't remember offhand what the name was, it was the quote that stuck in my head.  Anyway, I found a nice feather stamp and an accompanying hope sentiment in Positive Thoughts that's been retired for a little while now but my stamp library is vast ; )  The colors are a bit dull in my picture because it's been quite cloudy this afternoon; I used the retired Seaside Spray and Misty Moonlight for blues, with a panel of Smoky Slate.

Anyway, I think I'll mosey on into the living room and work on some stitching for a bit.  I'm not scheduled to work at all this week, so I have a goal in mind for scrapbook pages; I completed two layouts this weekend and I'm hoping to substantially add to that total by Friday afternoon.  But for now I need to work on catching up on my stitching temperature tracker.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Positive Thoughts
Ink:  Misty Moonlight
Paper:  Seaside Spray, Misty Moonlight, Smoky Slate
Accessories:  None

No comments: