Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Happy Bird-Day

 ...to ME.  Yep, it's my birthday today!  Since it's Tuesday, we're having tacos for dinner (it's the LAW according to Ryan) and the hubs invited my friend Krissy and her husband to join us for dinner tonight.  The unfortunate side effect of that is that I had to clean up the house a bit this morning, but it didn't take that long and it needed to be done anyway, *and* now that it's done I can go spend the next several hours in my craft room with a clear conscience.  After I finish my two cups of tea.

So, here's today's bird-day card:


My guest designer stint is over, but I do still love playing along with the Paper Players:


I had to use Adorable Owls for my card today, it's just too cute.  I hunted through all my new DSP (seriously, I have a ton of paper and I just got a half-dozen new packs from the Occasions and SAB catalogs) and I just liked that floral pattern from Flowers & More, so I started with that and colored my owl a whimsical Fresh Freesia because I could.  I've been using Fresh Freesia a bit lately, I will definitely miss it when it retires this summer.

I plan to sit here and surf a few blogs while I finish my teas, and then I'm heading up to my craft room to play until the alarm goes off to get Ryan off the bus.  It's gonna be a great day!

Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Adorable Owls
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss, Versamark, Crushed Curry marker, Stampin' Blends in Fresh Freesia & Shaded Spruce
Paper:  Fresh Freesia, Sweet Sorbet, Thick Basic White, Flowers & More DSP
Accessories:  White EP, Stitched Rectangles dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Tarabeth Stamps said...

Adorable birthday card! I love the Fresh Freesia coloring! Thanks so much for playing over at the Paper Players Challenge

Tanya said...

Happy birthday! I love the Fresh Freesia owl! So cute!

Jaydee said...

Christy, I love your purple owl!!! she is so darned cute and I especially love her with the vintage-inspired DSP. So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week
jaydee