Sunday, January 22, 2023

Friend Like You

I'm finally on the mend from having the flu last week and I couldn't let the several challenges pass me by, so I made this yesterday while the hubs and the kid were out playing in the snow:


I'll be honest, this didn't turn out as well on paper as it looked in my head; I blame the flu.  Nevertheless, here's this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


The Color Throwdown:


I used both Basic Gray and Smoky Slate, Night of Navy, and white.

Next up is the Inspired By Nature challenge:


I was absolutely thinking of this image when I stamped the large snowflake on the left side of my card, I think maybe I should have left off the smaller ones. 

Last up is the Retro Rubber Challenge:


Flurry of Wishes is over 6 years old and Peaceful Moments is 3 years old, so both retro.

Still think I might redo this card though...after I put in another load of laundry.

Stay healthy y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flurry of Wishes, Peaceful Moments
Ink:  Night of Navy, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Versamark
Paper:  Basic Gray, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Accessories:  Deckled Rectangles dies, Dimensionals, White EP

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love this, Christy - these are some of my fave snowflakes, and the "smudge" effect really makes them pop! And I love that it's Winter without being Christmas - I find that so challenging! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Jen Timko said...

I'm glad you are on the mend. This is such a pretty card (don't let that flu tell you otherwise). So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

I love these cool colors for a snowflake themed card! Hope you're fully recovered from the flu now. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Claire Grantham said...

I love the colours here, so muted and so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT