Friday, January 6, 2023

Blackberry & Apples

Mornin' y'all!  Another super-quick post for me today, I have to get out the door for a mammogram.  Oh yay.  It was supposed to be next Monday but they called yesterday afternoon and rescheduled for today.

So here's the card I just made, hot off the craft table:


I was pondering the colors from CAS Colours & Sketches and noticed the Apple Harvest stamp set on my shelf, and it's carrying over to the Occasions catalog.  (Also I did a rather large order from the Occasions catalog yesterday because it's my birthday month and it's Sale-a-Bration and I do love me some new stamps and don't talk to me about the four stamp sets I haven't used yet from my last order.)  So here's the color palette:


I would have been tempted to go with cherries but Joanne got there first ; ) so apples it is! (Also that's a gorgeous card, Joanne!)  I stamped everything with Blackberry Bliss ink, which is lovely because it's a bit softer than using black ink, and then used my Blends to color in the image (except the flowers, which are very lightly watercolored with Blackberry Bliss).  When I was die-cutting the patterned paper, I accidentally got the die too close to the edge and ended up with one corner of the square snipped off, so I put the sentiment strip over it : ) No mistakes in crafting, just an opportunity for embellishment!  Also I have a lot of trouble getting those super long, skinny dies to cut straight if I do the stamping first, so I cut out the shape, adhered it to my grid paper with removable adhesive, and then stamped the sentiment.

Aaaaand there goes my timer.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Apple Harvest
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss, Stampin' Blends in Cherry Cobbler, Granny Apple Green, Bronze, Ivory
Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, Thick Basic White, Blackberry Bliss DSP
Accessories:  Apple Blossoms dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Wink of Stella, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Tammy said...

I love your apples!!! And, you really should use all your stamps before ordering more......said no stamper ever!!! Shop away and happy birthday!!

Tanya said...

This is really pretty! I love the plaid behind the apples!

sentsue said...

Beautiful coloring. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us on the CC&S challenge!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So I might have beat you with the cherries - but I'm glad it made you use the apples, because I just love this card!! I love white space that is coloured and that deep purple background sets off those apples beautifully. Hope the doc visit was routine and that you had fun shopping for even more stamp sets (we all do it - please don't ask how many sets I have that I haven't inked up yet!!!) Thanks for playing with our challenge over at CC&S this week!

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

A gorgeous card! Love the feeling of the deep rich Blackberry Bliss background - seems very elegant. Fantastic job coloring the apple - beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at CC&S

Michal said...

Beautiful card!! I love how you used Blackberry Bliss for your card base and for stamping, and those apples look delicious!! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

YoonYoung Kim said...

Beautiful CAS card.I love the pattern paper behind the apple branch. The coloring is also really great. Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.