Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Glam in Green

Hey y'all!  Yesterday did not go exactly to plan; I was working on a scrapbook layout and got a big ink splotch on my title block.  I was tired and frustrated so I laid down for an hour and dozed a bit, and did come up with a way to fix it, but that was all I got done in my craft room today.  But the rest of the day went fine and we had a good time last night celebrating Taco Tuesday and my birthday.  There were My Little Pony party hats involved.

Anyway, a card for today!


I got Haute Couture last year, it's a long-retired stamp set (hostess I think?) and it's been sitting in my craft room for months waiting for me to mount it on cling foam.  The Festive Friday challenge inspired me to finally get that done so I could use it for today's card.  Here's the challenge:


I know this dress practically screams to be RED, but I'm sending this card to my friend Beth with a story about a dream I had that involved a green dress so green it is.  I used shimmery black embossing powder for the dress and the sentiment, but the sparkle doesn't show up, and the cardstock is shimmery white too.  This is a very glam card and could be perfect if that dress was over about a quarter inch to the right, but I don't have time to redo it.  Harrumph.  Anyway, from the list I used ribbon, clothes, and square card.  Thought about rhinestones and then decided that would be too much.

The Global Design Project sketch was easy to alter into square format:



And now this card needs to get in the mail.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Haute Couture
Ink:  Versamark, Just Jade, Evening Evergreen
Paper:  Just Jade, Evening Evergreen, Shimmery White, Expressions in Ink DSP
Accessories:  Shimmery Black EP, Potted Succulents dies, gold ribbon, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

I do love that stamp, and works perfect for a glamourous, green dress! The marbled paper on the side is a perfect accent. Great take on the Inspo List, thanks for sharing with us at Festive Friday!

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous, and the green absolutely works!

Jaydee said...

Oh...... now..... I can just see that dress being paper-pieced out of that gorgeous DSP! I think it's stunning in green! Fabulous card Christy and I hope you had fun on your birthday party - little hats and all :-) Happy belated birthday!
So glad you shared this wonderful card with us at Festive Friday this week
jaydee

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Love this stamp set! The dress is gorgeous in green! Happy belated birthday. Love the My Little Pony party hats!