Friday, January 20, 2023

Thankful Flowers

I am still not feeling well but at least it's not Covid, I got tested yesterday.  I think I have the flu.  So after I write this blog post and eat something for lunch, I'm going back to bed.

This was the other card I made on Wednesday morning:


I started with the colors from Global Design Project:


And paired them with the As You See It sketch:


I used some retired So Saffron taffeta ribbon for the yellow stripe on the sketch, and I swear I didn't mimic the colors on the sketch on purpose--I had scribbled the sketch on a piece of scratch paper and didn't even remember that the sketch graphic was blue and yellow.

Stay healthy, y'all.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Nature's Harvest
Ink:  Early Espresso, Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green, Stampin' Blends in So Saffron, Soft Suede, Granny Apple Green
Paper:  So Saffron, Thick Basic White, Balmy Blue DSP
Accessories:  Harvest dies, Dimensionals, white Milky Dots

7 comments:

Heather Cooper said...

Christy, this is just a classically lovely card! I love the ink blend behind your flower and the choice of paper and ribbon for the borders. It all works so well together. Thanks for using our sketch on As You See It Challenges.

Heather said...

Just beautiful, Christy - this is still one of my all-time fave sets, and so perfect in these fresh colors! Love it! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Jan Clothier said...

What a beauty! I love this Christy! I think that the soft sponging behind the flowers really make this pop. Thanks for playing along with us again at As You See It.

Jane Knudsen said...

Christy - This is a beauty! You used stamps that I adore and really showcased the sketch! I love this! Thanks for playing along with As You See It!

Kris Kilkenny said...

This card is just so pretty. I love the soft blended background colors. What a beautiful card!

LeAnne said...

This is beautfiul! Hope you feel better!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Those coneflowers are so pretty against the blended background Christie and I love the ribbon detail too. So fresh! Sorry to hear you are under the weather - sending hugs and hoping you feel better soon! Thanks for joining us for our sketch challenge over at As You See It!