Mornin' y'all! I did get some cards made yesterday but today I have to go back to Ryan's camp early because they're showing off what they've been working on (it's a Lego bot-builder camp) so I think this morning will just be writing out this weekend's Nancy Drew and Paper Players posts since I have cards done for them and not really enough time to make something. And also, this morning I finally found a copy of one of the paperback Drews that I've been looking for for the last year and a half! Woo!
Anyway, today's blog post title sounds like the name of an apartment complex, doesn't it? But here's my Palm Breezes:
I zeroed in on the palm trees in the Hand-Stamped Sentiments mood board:
I was already thinking about this challenge when I saw the new sketch from Retro Rubber:
I've had Balmy Breezes (the little palm tree postage stamp) for at least two years though I used it for the first time last year (I've used it for two Nancy Drew challenges so far), and Timeless Tropical is six years old. I was going to do the palm tree from Balmy Breezes but the pair in Timeless Tropical were just a bit narrower and worked better with the sketch. Maybe I should have looked for a more saturated pink/orange color wash, but Butterfly Bijou was the first DSP that I thought of so I went with it. The darker coral on the postage stamps is actually the part of the DSP I cut off for the card front, it's much darker pink in that one corner. Easy-peasy card with some retired punches and stamping directly on DSP.
That's it for now, peeps. My second cuppa tea just finished steeping : ) Cheers!
Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Balmy Breezes, Timeless Tropical
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Calypso Coral, Basic White, Butterfly Bijou DSP Stack
Accessories: 1" square punch, postage stamp punch, Pearls of Beauty
That's it for now, peeps. My second cuppa tea just finished steeping : ) Cheers!
Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Balmy Breezes, Timeless Tropical
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Calypso Coral, Basic White, Butterfly Bijou DSP Stack
Accessories: 1" square punch, postage stamp punch, Pearls of Beauty


3 comments:
I love this! I am a pushover for things in threes, as well as postage, so this is right up my alley!
Absolutely fabulous! I can totally tell which photo you were inspired by! Those little palm tree postage squares play perfectly into the sketch too! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS this time!
This card has a definite tropical vacation vibe Christy - the warm tones are just lovely and you can't beat things in threes!
Post a Comment