Friday, December 6, 2019

Punny Deer

Hey y'all!  I am officially more than half done with my nephew's baby book--9 layouts out of 17, so whoop!  Still bustin' a move to get the other ones done before Christmas but I'm feeling pretty good.

So I took some time out and made a card yesterday and it made me giggle because I love puns.



Do you see it?  "Hold most dear" with a DEER?!  I crack myself up, and that's what matters ;) I had started out with a different sentiment there, but I needed something narrower to accommodate the sketch I was using, and then the deer thing made me snort-giggle so I had to do it.  Also, the colors are off in the picture because it was dark when I took the photo and my Ott Lite is dying after many years of service.  So I'll retake this in daylight and edit.  (ETA:  Slightly better picture uploaded.)

Anyway!  The sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


The deer is standing in (literally and figuratively, haha) for the teal strip on the sketch.

I also used this week's Color Throwdown:


I used Coastal Cabana (sponged sky behind the trees), Shaded Spruce (a bit darker than the photo here, but I think still acceptable), gold, and white.  Plus some Early Espresso for my deer.

Have a great weekend, peeps.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Nature's Beauty, Rooted in Nature, Greatest Part of Christmas
Ink:  Shaded Spruce, Coastal Cabana, Early Espresso, Versamark
Paper:  Shaded Spruce, Thick Whisper White, Wrapped in Plaid DSP
Accessories:  Gold EP, Dimensionals, corner rounder punch

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Fun and beautiful!

~amy~ said...

gotta love a pun!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card! I also thoroughly enjoy a good pun! Love the deer and the great sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love this sweet scene and perfect sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful scene - love the background you created! Glad you joined us at FMS!