Monday, December 19, 2022

Christmas Card Color Block 2018

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  It's been a long time since I shared my Christmas card color block layouts that I do each year, so I thought I'd bust out the ones for 2018.  (I'll tell you a secret:  I just did the layouts for 2020 and 2021 earlier this month!)  We get a fair number of photo Christmas cards from friends and family, so this is my way of preserving those.  I pick a pack of holiday DSP that I like and choose what color(s) I want for the page base.  Then I stick down the cards, using photo corners on the ones that have more pictures on the back so I could take them out again if I wanted to.  Then I just fill in the blanks with the different patterned paper.  I don't even use a ruler usually, I just make pencil tick marks where I need to cut to fill in each space.  And at the end I have something like this:


The Santa's Workshop DSP had several patterns of Santa and his elves, so I worked in some of those images, like the big sleigh on the right page.  And how cute was our little elf in the top left corner!


Lather, rinse, repeat for however many cards I have that year.  I think I've done up to four layouts for a year but usually it's about two.  Lots of these cards are 5x7 so it can be tricky to get a lot of them on one layout, but it's kind of a fun thing for me to do each year.  I do honestly look forward to picking what DSP I want to use.  This year I think it's going to be the Santa Express DSP and coordinating Memories & More cards, lots of fun things to play with in there!


Today's color palette is taken straight from the papers:  Pool Party, Garden Green, Poppy Parade, and Whisper White.  It would be impossible to choose a palette that would work with every single Christmas card, so I choose one that goes well with *our* card and just go from there.  So there's the Christmas card color block.

Have a great day, peeps!  I'm off to make some tea.  That snow we got last week is still sticking around because it hasn't gotten above freezing in the past week, which means I drink more tea : )

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  None
Ink:  None
Paper:  Pool Party, Santa's Workshop DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: