Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Polly, Put the Kettle On

Hey y'all!  Wonder of wonders, I actually made a card today, my very first one since we moved to Germany.  I got up early this morning to do my workout, and by the time I finished that the hubs was already in the shower but Ryan wasn't up yet so I snatched a few minutes in my craft room and made this:


The teacup stamp set (A Nice Cuppa) is retired, but I had to use it (or one of its other tea-related friends) because of the Global Design Project theme challenge:


The inside of the card says "You are tea-riffic", but I chose a birthday sentiment for the front of the card to fit in the Retro Rubber Challenge:


The birthday sentiment is from Blossoms in Bloom, which is only six months old; it was just the first birthday sentiment that I came across that fit my card design.  A Nice Cuppa is nice and retro though, it's four years old.  I even dug up the matching Have a Cuppa DSP!

Aaaaaaand now I need to go make myself some tea.  Have a great day, peeps.

Supplies, all SU! (many retired)
Stamps:  A Nice Cuppa, Blossoms in Bloom
Ink:  Bermuda Bay
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Thick Whisper White, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack
Accessories:  Cups & Kettle dies, Dimensionals, glitter enamel dots

4 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Goodness - moved to Germany! I hadn't seen your work around much lately and I guess that explains why. What a whirl! This is a lovely bright card that would cheer up any birthday. I like the die cut over the banner - very pretty layout. Thanks so much for joining us again at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Claire Grantham said...

This is wonderful! It took me a moment to realise that the paper had little teabags on it - so clever. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

creative lady said...

Love your coffee card, love the bright papers you used to create your card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Rachelle Oltean said...

Great job on this CAS Birthday card! I love the pattern paper with that graphic coffee cup die cut!T hanks so much for sharing this at the Retro Rubber Challenge #148 - They Say It's Your Birthday!
Rachelle - Guest Designer : )