Thursday, September 9, 2021

Autumn Greeting

Mornin' y'all!  My day off got cut short yesterday when the daycare called me to pick up Ryan because their AC went out.  I call shenanigans because most places here don't even *have* air conditioning.  I was getting frustrated with projects in my craft room though so maybe it's a good thing that I had to leave to get the kiddo.

Here's the card that was giving me issues:


I used the Color Throwdown palette:


I used Real Red, Rich Razzleberry, and Pumpkin Pie, with a lot of Cinnamon Cider and some Early Espresso.  I like the colors but I was having SUCH a hard time getting a good balance on this card, hence the Cinnamon Cider card base and DSP.  I love the leaves though, I inked them with Pumpkin Pie and then used a sponge dauber to add Real Red, choosing a different part of the leaf for each one so they all look different even though it's the same stamp.

I also used the Try Stamping on Tuesday sketch:


I love this sketch and I think I'll be using it again soon.  In the meantime, I'm going to get upstairs and get to work and hope to accomplish some things in my craft room today--I'm motivated to get started ASAP just in case I have to pick Ryan up early again :)  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Gorgeous Leaves, Timeless Tropical
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry, Early Espresso
Paper:  Cinnamon Cider, Rich Razzleberry, Early Espresso, Thick Very Vanilla, Cinnamon Cider DSP
Accessories:  Intricate Leaves dies, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, Christy, the coloring on those leaves is amazing! I love my sponge daubers, and this is why! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Tanya said...

Your leaves are gorgeous and you made it work! Cider is a brown and browns are neutral. ;)

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, love your card and how you used BOTH our Try Stampin on Tuesday sketch AND theme! Your choice of colors are really perfect! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at TSOT!!! - Donna

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of the sketch and colors!! Glad it was just an AC issue…around here it’s a COVID issue! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a lovely fall card! I love the warm colors of this season! So glad you joined us at CTD!

Melanie R said...

Beautiful card, Christy! Fabulous colors and you've combined them perfectly. Great use of our sketch and theme. Thank you for playing along with us at TSOT 523.

libbystamps said...

Got to love a great fall card! Thank you for joining Try Stampin' on Tuesday for Challenge #523! Great take on the challenge!

Donna Scholz said...

Congratulations, Christy! Your card has been chosen as one of our Try Stampin' on Tuesday "Top 3"! -Donna