Thursday, February 9, 2023

A Valentine Bouquet

I've got a sick kiddo home with me today, so probably not a lot of craft room time happening.  Poor kid has a fever and just general blahs, so I'll be Doctor Mama today.

But I do have a card to share that I made yesterday afternoon, take a look:


The CAS Colours & Sketches color challenge immediately made me think of the Country Bouquet suite since both of the DSPs in that suite have these colors:


It actually took me THREE tries to get this card, I tried at first to combine this with the Freshly Made Sketches challenge but it felt like too many elements to be considered really CAS, so this is where I ended up.  I like that larger heart, it's two different stamps for the flowers and the leaves and it came out so pretty with hardly any effort.

I'm also entering this at Cupcake Inspirations:


Valentine's Day is getting close but I hope to play with this suite a bit more soon.  And I hope Ryan is feeling better soon too.  I'd better get in there and watch cartoons with him.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Country Bouquet
Ink:  Sweet Sorbet, Mint Macaron, Balmy Blue, VersaMark
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Sweet Sorbet
Accessories:  Country Bouquet punch, Picture This dies, Dimensionals, retired blue rhinestones, Wink of Stella

6 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just love this card Christie! That suite inspired my colour combo for this challenge and even though I didn't use the hearts for my card, I'm definitely going to be CASEing yours!! Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week! Hope Ryan feels better soon!

Tammi said...

Awesome Card. Thank you for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Tammi, Cupcake Inspirations Challenge DT Member

sentsue said...

Beautiful card. You did an awesome job with the challenge. Thanks for sharing your card with us on the CC&S Challenge.

Michal said...

Beautiful card!! I love the floral heart on the background, so artsy! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Beautifully done! Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

YoonYoung Kim said...

Such a great take on the colours!!! Love the floral heart behind the message. Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge, Christy.