Monday, October 5, 2026

I Love Leaves

Mornin' y'all!  Ryan got off to a rocky start this morning but hopefully he'll turn his attitude around by the time he gets out of school, he was a grumpy Gus this morning.  Anyway, I had a nice relaxing weekend and got to work on several cards which makes me happy.  I decided to get out the Gathering Together DSP from two years ago along with the coordinating stamp set Gathering Moments to make a couple of cards for today.


I started out with the inspo pic from Inkspirational:


I love this pic and I really want to make a different card for every single cupcake but I don't think I'm going to be able to do that before the challenge ends.  For today's cards, I was looking particularly at the two cupcakes with leaves on them, very first one on the top row and third one on the bottom row, and I chose my DSP because it has the shiny metallic elements like the pic.  I paired that challenge with last week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I couldn't decide between the leafy patterns to use for the larger panel so that's why I made two, might as well use up multiple scraps while I'm at it.

I'm on my second cuppa this morning and as soon as I finish that, I'm off to take Daphne for a walk (the weather is not Octobery today, it's back up in the high 70s for a high but it should be pleasant to walk in) and then work on some laundry and send out this week's cards.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Gathering Moments, Elegant Leaves
Ink:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry
Paper:  Early Espresso, Basic Beige, Basic White, Gathering Together Specialty DSP
Accessories:  Gathering Moments dies, Perennial Postage dies, Dimensionals, Wonderful Gems, gold cord

2 comments:

Kim S said...

I LOVE that paper and I love the coordinating images you've pulled out for it! The rich fall colors are gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That sketch showcases those papers beautifully Christy and I'm loving those warm brown tones - I'm definitely feeling autumnal now!