Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Flashback: Sage Advice

It's time for another Friday Flashback!  This week's set is Sage Advice, which is a stamp set that I really, really loved because it's got such neat quotes in it.  However, I haven't made tons and tons of cards with it...and this is why I do Friday Flashbacks, to reacquaint myself with my old favorites :)

So first up, let's see what I've got from the archives.


This card also uses Spring Garden and Print Pattern, which I think is my most-used background stamp ever.  I'm betting this was a combo SCS sketch/color challenge but I kinda like it.


This quote I think is why I like this stamp set so much--I'm a Beatles fan.  This card was for a VSN I think?  The quilt thing was tough to pull off, trying to keep all the squares evenly spaced and then cut off the partial pieces.  I have new respect for people that do tile floors on the diagonal.


I made this card not that long ago and to be honest, it doesn't do anything for me.  That is a wonderful quote from Anne Frank though...and Lee and I just booked a weekend trip to Amsterdam later this spring to see the tulips.

Here's my new card with the one remaining quote stamp that I hadn't used yet:


I do kinda like this one, what do you think?  And you can see that my willpower crumbled, I bought Hearts a Flutter and the matching dies.  Oops.  Better hurry up and use them this week since Valentine's Day is next Thursday!

This card is a combo challenge, the layout is based on Freshly Made Sketches #72:


And the color combo is from Pals Paper Arts (and the More Amore DSP):


I still don't care for Primrose Petals with Real Red, but I seem to be in the minority :)  I did use both those colors though and I did like how the card turned out, so maybe they don't clash as much as I think.

Thanks for joining me for this Friday Flashback!

Supplies (last card only, all SU!):
Stamps:  Sage Advice (retired), French Filigree (retired), Hearts a Flutter
Ink:  Basic Gray, Primrose Petals, Real Red
Paper:  Basic Gray, Primrose Petals, Very Vanilla, More Amore DSP, Champagne Glimmer Paper
Accessories:  Labels & Hearts a Flutter Framelits, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Paula Knall said...

Lovely Card Christy! I'm so tempted by those dies... but will I use them enough! I already have too much stash to play with :-) Must be strong! LOL

Dawn Tidd said...

Aww, those dies can be used for lots of things. They were used beautifully here. Love the sparkly heart and the quote! Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week.

Ann Schach said...

What an awesome Valetine card, Christy! The glimmer heart is the perfect touch. I love the retired stamps you used. French Filigree forms the perfect background, and the sentiment set is awesome. Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

Jen Brum said...

Great cards Christy! Who doesn't love Hearts a Flutter?! It is my weakness! Great colours! Love the glimmer paper! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow, what a great array of cards. I think each one of them are fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches and Pals Paper Arts this week!

Linda Callahan said...

I love your quotes! Pretty cards!

Tui Nathan said...

A fabulous array of cards ... but that cute one with the sparkly hearts is lovely!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Vicki Burns said...

I am green with envy over this sentiment set. I have got together my hands on one!